Sunday, October 31, 2010

New Music: Right Through Me...a softer side of Minaj



I think a lot of us are used to Minaj "the Monster". The crazy bitch that will take you man and eat through anyone. The tough girl that may or may not entertain you. This shong shows a new side of Minaj that is a lot more relatable.

I have to admit that I couldn't keep my eyes off of the model. The words that came to my head were: Calm. Cool. Collected. I don't know if he is the cheater she made him out to be in the video but I love the way he handled himself and her. I'm interested...I want to know more. But at the end of the day, Nicki had a great performance and showed the world she is human and can be just as vulnerable as us. Great job !!

In a recent interview with MTV, Nicki described the video as very personal to her. “The concept of the video is….. boy & girl, relationship, drama. You know all of that, and the intimate stuff, as well as the fighting, as well as the self reflecting type stuff. It’s basically just a love story, told from the perspective of a very hard girl who doesn’t want to give in but she has to. But the song to me is very, very personal.”

No comments:

Post a Comment