Friday, November 19, 2010

Minute of Spotlight: Big Sean - Sorry I slept on you...



I tend to always be on blogs and I've seen Big Sean's name floating around for quite a while. Usually, I avoided playing his music because so many different people are promoted on blogs and I find sitting down and listening to all of them can be quite time consuming...especially if they're no good. Some how, I ended up hearing some tracks off of his recent mixtape, Finally Famous Vol. 3, and now I can finally admit that I was missing out on some raw talent.


I'm no wikipedia and I don't follow his personal life so I'm definately no expert on him. I just googled some info to complete this post and understand him a little beter - in my own words:


His real name is quite a mouth full - Sean Michael Leonard Anderson aka. Sean Anderson. (Funny we have the same last name). He is a 20 year old Detroit rapper that was originally born in Santa Monica, CA. Highschool is when he tryed to further his music career by networking and selling his music independently. His big break was in 2005 when he freestyled for Kanye West, at a local radio station in Detroit, 102.7FM, where he would weekly showed off his rhyming skills. His hard work payed off because he signed with G.O.O.D. music in 2007 and Def Jam in 2008. His debut album, "Finally Famous", should be coming out in 2011.



“One of the most important quotes I live by is, ‘imagination is more important than knowledge.. Dreams are so important. Without dreams, you got nothing.”

Above is a short documentary on him and what he stands for. When I saw that video I felt connected to him because he felt so real. He represents for the dreamers, the ambitious ones, and that's all I've ever been.

"I got a dream that's worth more then my reality. And pride that's worth more then a salary.
And a text from the girl I love I stopped calling
Quote I hope its worth all it.
Sometimes I feel I'm working just to work harder. And then work harder then who worked the hardest. man the life of a workeraholic .You either on your work or just workin on it."


Final Hour by Big Sean

^^ Pretty much sums up my life right now.


Big Sean - Too Fake (Ft. Chiddy Bang) from illRoots.com on Vimeo.


Chiddy Bang and Big Sean on set of Too Fake


Check out his interview for Bleu magazine here



“Consider yourself lucky to see a legend before the prime, A killer before the crime.." - Looking for Trouble (G.O.O.D. Friday Music)


As far as fashion goes...he's signed to Kanye West's label so he's obviously part of Rosewood movement.
He cleans up his basic tees with his signature handkerchief in his side pocket. Something Usher has taken note of. The only things I might do without is the sometimes boasting of his labels and clothings - gucci this, louis this, versache this, prada that - i think rappers play that out and makes the clothing seem more casual than anything.


Listen or download to his Finally Famous Vol. 3 Mixtape

And that's the end of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment