Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Influence of Winehouse - Fashion

Mexican_fashion


Models wear Chanel creations by German fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld during a 2007 fashion show in London. All the models' hairstyles were inspired by Winehouse's beehive.





Chanel Pre-Fall 2008 Runway
...if you haven't gotten the hint. 
Karl Lagerfeld had a thing for pulling inspirations from the singer.




Adriana Lima as Amy Winehouse for Love Magazine
       What do you love about Amy Winehouse?
      I love that she has real talent, not manufactured soulless music.

I think this editorial was done really well
...a nice way to glamourize the mess she was usually photographed as.
Her thoughts on the artist…





Vogue Paris February 2008, Isabeli Fontana as Amy Winehouse


I think this editorial was dead on.





Hairspray by Dusan Reljin (inspired by Amy Winehouse)
Numéro May 2007
Model: Denisa Dvorakova
Ph:Dusan Reljin







Ash Stymest as Amy Winehouse in Candy Magazine

This editorial was called "You Know I'm No good" and used a lot of her lyrics to show the downward spiral of Amy Winehouse.



Vogue Italia December 2007 (Amy Winehouse inspired)
By Steven Meisel
I personally think that this could have been inspired by Amy Winehouse. 
2007 with extreme beehive hair and tattoos ? 


Kreayshawn
Amy Winehouse vs. Kreayshawn


Kreayshawn is a new up and coming rapper recently signed to a major label after her hot track, Gucci Gucci. Although I see the similarities while looking at this picture, when I watch her videos separately I'd personally think that she pulls more inspiration from Gwen Stafani (mostly) with a combination of Nicki Minaj.


After all of these editorials I think it's fair to say that Amy Winehouse definitely had some influence on the world's fashion and beauty.

Source: pryncepalityfashionistasomethinglikethebest, thefashion spot, google

1 comment:

  1. this is a wonderful compilation of winehouse inspired fashion. I have sourced it on my Amy inspired post :) Thanks!

    humanforhumanssake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete