Sunday, June 19, 2011

Coleworld: New Single Disappointment



Disclaimer I"m a big fan of J. Cole and have been even before he started to get major notice around the world for his lyricism or even air play on the internet. Mind you, I'm not a hipster and in no way am I trying to brag about how "I knew him before anyone else did", I'm just saying that I'm a big fan and supporter of him as an artist and a person and I can't wait for him to be recognized as one of the greatest, if not, the greatest.
        
J.Cole - Workout

A couple of days ago his highly anticipated single for his debut album, Work Out, finally cleared. J. Cole released it via. Twitter. I'm not really feeling this song, mind you, I haven't given it the greatest listen and paid attention to the complete lyrics but I didn't get the high or excitement I thought I would get when I first heard it. To be honest, this single seems a little "main stream". Something that a lot of fans and non-fans (usually fans of Drake) have been requesting from him. 

Even if this song rubs off on me...I just hope his next single and his entire album is a lot better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment